Interventional Cardiologist, Cardiologist
University of Verona - Verona, Italy
- Director of the Cardiovascular Division and the Cardio-thoracic Department of the University Hospital in Verona.
This is the Hub Center for acute heart failure and heart transplantation, with a 24 hours emergency service. It is the Provincial referring super-hub centre for primary angioplasty, shock and ECMO support, paediatric invasive cardiology, electorophysiology and structural cardiology. Is the Regional referring centre for renal denervation and is a training centre for visitor cardiologists interested in IVUS, OCT coronary physiology, rotational atherectomy, TAVI, mitral, tricuspid and peripheral interventions.
- Full professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Director of the School of Cardiovascular Medicine of the University of Verona with more than 90 fellows in a 4 years study program.
- Director of the International Master in Interventional Cardiology of the University.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the European Heart Journal since 2010.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the European Association of Percutaneous Cardiac Interventions (EAPCI) 2018-2020, 2022-2024.
- Member of the Scientific Board of PCR and TCT.
- Past -president of the Euro4C Group, member of the European Bifurcation Club and the European Expert group on Impella circulatory assistance.
- Principal Investigator, coordinator, or member of the steering committees of several clinical trials with over 400 scientific publications in PubMed and H-index 44.